McDonald’s offers a variety of breakfast items, and while many of them may not be considered the healthiest options, there are a few choices that are relatively better for your health compared to others. Here are six of the healthiest McDonald’s breakfast items available:
- Egg White Delight McMuffin: This sandwich features egg whites, Canadian bacon, and white cheddar cheese on a whole-grain English muffin. It’s lower in calories and saturated fat compared to some other breakfast options.
- Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait: This is a combination of low-fat vanilla yogurt, fresh berries, and granola. It’s a great source of protein and fiber, along with vitamins from the fruit.
- Fruit Bag: If you’re looking for a simple and low-calorie option, McDonald’s offers a fruit bag with apple slices. It’s a healthy, natural snack that provides essential vitamins and fiber.
- Oatmeal: McDonald’s oatmeal is made with whole-grain oats and comes with optional toppings like diced apples, raisins, and cranberries. It’s a good source of fiber and can be customized to suit your taste.
- Fruit and Maple Oatmeal: This oatmeal option includes diced apples, a cranberry-raisin blend, and a touch of cream. While it has a bit more sugar than plain oatmeal, it’s still a relatively healthier choice.
- Hash Browns (in moderation): While not the healthiest option on this list, hash browns can be a relatively lower-calorie choice if you consume them in moderation. They are made from potatoes and are lower in saturated fat compared to some other breakfast items.
Keep in mind that portion control and moderation are key when trying to make healthier choices at fast-food restaurants like McDonald’s. Additionally, you can make your meal even healthier by opting for water, unsweetened coffee, or a lower-calorie beverage instead of sugary drinks, and by skipping high-calorie condiments like mayonnaise.